THE WEEK IN REVIEW
As I said in the email Tuesday evening, our meet against Zeeland was a great way to finish our dual meet season. We had so many great swims that I was ready to get our conference meet going the next day.
I went for a walk yesterday and was a bit overwhelmed by the fact that this is the last week of the regular season. As I walked I spent a few minutes just thanking God for this group of guys (it's a great way to pray, no interruptions except a few whistles for the dog to hold up). Though I can't say that I mentioned every athlete by name, I did pray about them in groups. New swimmers that joined us this year, experienced swimmers, divers, jokesters, leaders, coaches, and parents. I was/am completely amazed by how God has again shown up and supplied the gifts and talents that are needed to make a team a team.
Though I wholeheartedly expect others to join us for state with some new state cuts this weekend, this will be the last week for several members of the team. However, there is ONE MORE OPPORTUNITY TO RACE on TUESDAY. Please check the information about the 2nd Chance Meet at the end of this blog.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Championship Week's Practice Notes
Championship Week's Practice Notes
- As we finish up taper for most guys practices will get a little shorter, but most of that extra time will be used for practicing starts, etc. But don't be surprised if you need to have dinner ready a little sooner than usual.
- Morning practices are done for everyone.
- All swimmers will end afternoon practices at 5:30 instead of 6:00.
Championship Week's Special Events
- Wednesday, Feb 22nd will be our Haircut Day after practice. We will leave from practice and head to Coach Klaasen's house.
- Judy is a hairstylist with her own salon in the house. She can do a wacky design or just a nice short cut, which ever you prefer.
- Bring $5 for the haircut and a few bucks to cover pizza.
- Thursday, Feb 23rd - Diving Prelims at Hamilton
- Divers will be dismissed after their 7th hour class.
- Transportation will be discussed with Coach Klaasen
- Make sure to have extra water and food with you.
- See last weeks blog post for Conference Meet timing information
- Thursday, Feb 23rd - Shave Down for swimmers
- All swimmers will shave down.
- If your have questions about what taper is and why shave down is included in it, here is a link to a great article about it.
- Thursday, Feb 23rd - Pasta Meal for swimmers (possibly divers)
- Pasta meal will be following the shave down and Take place at Faith CRC Activity Center (on 26th St. right by Holland Hospital).
- Swimmers should be arriving their right around 6:15ish.
- Friday, Feb 24th - Swimming Prelims at Hamilton
- Swimmers will be dismissed after 7th hour.
- I am tying to get the school kitchen to make sack lunches for the guys to pick up and eat before leaving for Hamilton.
- We will get bus transportation to prelims. The bus will leave at 2:30.
- The post practice snack box and water bottles will be with us to help during the meet.
- Drag suits and tights should be with them for part of warm up.
- Prelims should wrap up around 7:30 or 8:00
- See last weeks blog post for Conference Meet timing information
- Saturday, Feb 25th - Swimming and Diving Finals at Hamilton
- Athletes will have to get their own transportation to finals.
- Athletes should be on deck at Hamilton by 9:45
- The post practice snack box and water bottles will be with us to help during the meet.
- Drag suits and tights should be with them for part of warm up.
- See last weeks blog post for Conference Meet timing information
A LOOK AHEAD
2nd Chance Meet at the Aquatic Center
- Tuesday, Feb 29th is the 2nd Chance meet at our own Aquatic Center. It is an opportunity for guys who just missed a cut to have a 2nd chance to get there. It is also an opportunity for swimmers to swim an event that they were not able to try at the conference meet.
- There will be a few that I ask to participate in the meet, but others have the opportunity to choose themselves.
- I need to know by Monday morning if a swimmer wants to participate.
No comments:
Post a Comment