Sunday, March 11, 2012

What A Great Finish


What a great way to end a great season. 

To take a group of eleven to the state meet out of a team of sixteen was an amazing accomplishment. Every person participated at prelims on Friday and to be .06 seconds from every one competing again in the finals on Saturday was more than I could have hoped for.

I am so proud of all of these guys. Those who swam at state and the performances they put up there, and for the entire team for the hard work they put in throughout the year.

It is hard to pinpoint the best part of the weekend. Obviously Parker's win in the 500 was exciting (it's always fun handing out medals at the state meet) a great swim and exciting race, but there were so many aspects to this meet that keep running through my mind as meaningful and exciting. Finishing in the Top Ten once again (especially with the small team that we had), Jeff's two record breaking swims in the breaststroke, the 6th place tie in the 400 Free Relay, great times, outstanding performances on the boards by Jeff and Dirk, the experience that our young swimmers were able to get swimming with "the big boys," and the fun times throughout the weekend are all part of what made this a great finish.

Though I am gonna certainly miss the group of seniors we are losing (thanks Konrad, Jeff, and Kyle for providing great leadership for the rest of the team to build on), I am looking forward to seeing this group continue to grow an improve in the future.

End of Season Details


BANQUET - Tuesday, March 13 @ 6:30 at Providence CRC across from the Middle School.


Uniform Return - Please return Warmup Tops and Shorts (Washed and folded) with you to the banquet. I will check in everyone's things at the same time.

Tech Suits Return - I loaned out some Tech suits to a few swimmers (Kyle, James, Caleb, Schylar, Konrad) These must be rinse in cold water not machine washed and then hung to dry, and returned to me on tuesday night. These are the teams suits and will be used for others in the future.









No comments:

Post a Comment