The Week Ahead
Meet on Tuesday vs. Otsego
- Due to the BOC Concert at Dimnent Chapel, this meet is starting at 6:15 instead of the posted 6:30 start time. I will put the lineup out tomorrow so guys have an idea when they should be done.
- Generally I gave freshman a little more time between the anticipated end of their event and the anticipated time of their portion of the concert (about 40 minutes). Obviously this is not an exact science, and I can only do so much. But I think this will give enough time for guys to quickly clean up, change, eat and go, and still give time to get to the chapel and warm up for the concert.
- We would like to take just a few minutes on Tuesday before we warm up for parents to take a team photo.
- Guys should be on deck at the Aquatic Center NO LATER THAN 5:15.
- Those that are making meals have arranged for those that have to leave before the natural end of the meet to grab a sub and some fruit to eat as the athlete heads out.
- Parents, please have transportation from the Aquatic Center to Dimnent planned ahead of time.
Looking Ahead
Christmas Break Practice
We will be practice during most of the Christmas break from 7:30-10:30. I know it stinks having to get up early during your break, but at least we can get the practice done and we have the rest of the day to chill. I'll give more detail about other team activities as the break gets closer.
Christmas Break Practice
These practices become some of the most productive of the season
- December 24 - NO PRACTICE (This is a change from the original plan)
- December 26 - Practice 8:30-10:30
- December 29 - Annual New Years Relays (a fun inter squad competition).
- January 2 - Pizza and Bowling following practice.
- January 3 & 4 Because I have to return to school for teacher In-Service days, practice returns to 3:20-6:00 and 3:20-5:30 respectively.
Follow Our Meets From home
- Several swimmers wondered about an app that I was using to check splits before having results. Many pools (Zeeland, EGR, Hamilton, EMU) are using it and the Aquatic Center always does. The app is called Meet Mobile. You can find out more about it here.
- Don't forget that you can follow HC Aquatics on Twitter @HCaquatics which is the fastest way to get updates of this blog, and on our HC Aquatics Facebook page.
- December 24 - NO PRACTICE (This is a change from the original plan)
- December 26 - Practice 8:30-10:30
- December 29 - Annual New Years Relays (a fun inter squad competition).
- January 2 - Pizza and Bowling following practice.
- January 3 & 4 Because I have to return to school for teacher In-Service days, practice returns to 3:20-6:00 and 3:20-5:30 respectively.
Follow Our Meets From home
- Several swimmers wondered about an app that I was using to check splits before having results. Many pools (Zeeland, EGR, Hamilton, EMU) are using it and the Aquatic Center always does. The app is called Meet Mobile. You can find out more about it here.
- Don't forget that you can follow HC Aquatics on Twitter @HCaquatics which is the fastest way to get updates of this blog, and on our HC Aquatics Facebook page.
No comments:
Post a Comment