Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Week That Was (hard work and good fun) - What Lies Ahead (more work and more fun and a couple meets)

The Week That Was

I hope all of you had a blessed Christmas with family and friends focused on the birth of our savior. The week was on in which the work most of the athletes was ramped up a bit as they near the midway point of the season. I say most because we had a few guys battling upper respiratory problems. I want to encourage the guys to take care of themselves. I know some of these things are unavoidable to a certain degree, but as sleep, clothing (including coats and hats), and diet all play into helping their immune system fight off these illness.

We had a great time i our Annual New Years Relays today. It is always a great bonding time for the guys and a great time to laugh at our own expense. We also had the pleasure of having some HC Aquatics Alumni join us. Christian Staat (10), Andrew Kuper (11), Alex Baumann (11) and Evan Lonergan (11) took part in a couple relays showing the young whipper snappers a few impressive  swims as well.
Two new records were set today, although I'm not sure I can call either of them an official record because of vague rules and guidelines (established by yours truly with a  bit of deliberate ambiguity) about how the relays have operated or been scored in the past. You can see the relay results by clicking on the "Boys Top Ten" page in the list of pages to the right.

Hopefully we can get some video footage of the events so that you can laugh at our expense as well.

The Next Two Weeks


  • This Week's Practices - We will continue to practice from 7:30-10:30 on Monday & Wednesday this week. Thursday 
  • practice will be from 3:20 - 6:00 
  • & Friday 
  • practice will be from 3:20 - 5:30.

    • December 31 & January 2 Practice from 7:30 - 10:30
    • January 2 - Pizza and Bowling following practice.
    • January 3 & 4 - Because I have to return to school for teacher In-Service days, practice returns to 3:20-6:00 and 3:20-5:30 respectively.

    UPCOMING MEETS


  • Tuesday, Jan. 8th Meet @ Spring Lake - Details on times are on the calendar, but I will give more as we get closer to the end of the break.

  • Saturday, January 12th - HOSTING the Division 3 Midseason Invitational - This is a meet we have hosted for the last 4 years and it has grown to be one of the premiere meets in the state. We have 7 or 8 of the top 10 Division 3 teams in the state, right here in our. But we will need your help.I may contact you with some special requests. Also, check with Sheryl Cook-Weeks for details for the hospitality room, or with Dave Goodyke for timer needs.
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment