Saturday, February 23, 2013

GREAT WEEKEND!!


WOW! What a weekend. Performances by so many athletes that simply amazed me. 8+ second drops by some in the 200, 15+ second drops in the 500, huge drops in 100 yard events (free, fly, back, and breast), new State cuts for James and Caleb, outstanding performances by all of our divers including a performance that helped freshman Brad Housekamp qualify for diving regionals (a very big deal). 

Let me just say what great group of guys (and parents too) this has been.  The commitment, camaraderie, and fun that this group had this year will continue to serve as a model for future seasons. This is a group of guys that has great leadership from freshman to seniors.

As I prepared for finals this morning I posted on the HC Aquatics Facebook Page how encouraged I am about the future of our program based on the swims I saw in Prelims. Today's Finals encouraged me even more. This group has some great ability that we have just scratched the surface of. I want to encourage as many as possible to pursue swimming outside of the season. I'll give more details and information at our banquet on the 18th.

Here are the splits for this past weekend's meet. "P" are prelim splits from Friday and "F" are final splits from Saturday. Remember that negative numbers show the improvement from previous best times.

Full Results

Top Times ("Let" indicates a letter qualifying time)
Top Times w/ Relay Splits ("N" equals a non-leadoff relay split)

THE WEEK AHEAD

Tuesday, Feb 26th - 2nd Chance Meet at the Aquatic Center
    • This is an opportunity for guys who just missed a cut to have a 2nd chance to get there. It is also an opportunity for swimmers to swim an event that they were not able to try at the conference meet.
    • Warmup is at 5:00. Meet starts at 6:00.
    • IF you want to swim you should plan on a short practice on Monday (3:30-4:30)
    • There will be a few that I ask to participate in the meet, but others have the opportunity to choose themselves. 
    • I need to know by Sunday evening if a swimmer wants to participate. Send me an email with what individual events the athlete would like to participate in (2 max).

    State Team Practice Notes
    • Practices for the first few days for our State Team will end at around 5:45. after that, the practices will get a little shorter each day.
    • Guys should have tights for Monday's practice.

      A LOOK AHEAD 
      State Week's Schedule
        • Tuesday, March 5 - Diving Regionals at EGR
          • Divers need to finish in the top 12 at regionals to continue on to the State meet on Friday.
          • I will get dismissal information by the end of this week.
          • Thursday, March 7 - Shave Down and departure
            • Swimmers will shave down at the pool with a planned departure for our hotel in Ypsilanti/Ann Arbor around 5:30.

            • Friday, March 8 - Swimming & Diving Prelims at Eastern Michigan University
              • 9:30 - Doors open at Eastern Michigan University Jones Natatorium
              • 12:00 - Swimming Prelims begin.
              • 3:45 (approx.) - Diving prelims begin following the last heat of the 400 Free Relay.
            • Saturday, March 9 - Swimming & Diving Finals at Eastern Michigan University
              • 9:30 - Doors open at Eastern Michigan University Jones Natatorium
              • 12:00 - Swimming & Diving Finals begin.

            No comments:

            Post a Comment