GREAT DAY!!
I can't really say "Great Weekend," because that would be a bit of an exaggeration considering the forced change on Friday. However, the results of the day yesterday were still outstanding. I actually think the extra day helped us in the morning yesterday. Not as much in the evening, but we even had some drops from the morning swims.
We had great performances by so many athletes that simply amazed me. 5-7+ second drops by some in the 200 and IM, 19+ second drops in the 500, huge drops in by so many in 100 yard events (free, fly, back, and breast), a sub 1:00 swim for Logan, a new State cut for Levi in the IM, a new conference record and All American swim by Parker, and new best 11 dive scores by both Brad and BG. I don't think there was anyone that didn't achieve their best time.
Here are the splits for this past weekend's meet. "P" are prelim splits from Friday and "F" are final splits from Saturday. Remember that negative numbers show the improvement from previous best times.
Let me just say what a great group of guys this has been. We had some bumps along the way this season, and if "W's" & "L's" were the measure of this team's success, there wasn't a lot to hang their goggles on. However, this group kept looking up. Looking up at the board to see their hard work continue to pay off as they watched their times get faster and scores get better and looking up at a creator that made them more than just swimmers and divers, more than student athletes, more than champions.
Let me just say what a great group of guys this has been. We had some bumps along the way this season, and if "W's" & "L's" were the measure of this team's success, there wasn't a lot to hang their goggles on. However, this group kept looking up. Looking up at the board to see their hard work continue to pay off as they watched their times get faster and scores get better and looking up at a creator that made them more than just swimmers and divers, more than student athletes, more than champions.
A huge THANK YOU for the AMAZING WORK that this terrific group of parents did this weekend to make this meet go off without a hitch. You guys make my job easy. Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
Below are the top times after the conference meet.
The last few years, around mid January, I've made a habit of jotting down goal times (what I think guys can do) on the tile in the pool. I don't write down every event for every swimmer. In some cases I don't list an event they end up swimming at conference or I list events that they don't end up swimming at the end of the season.
Below is a picture of the goal times with check marks put next to those that the guys hit (zoom in to get a better view). Notice, there are lots of green check marks with other near misses and still others that may still be achieved. I thought you might be interested in a glimpse.
THE WEEK AHEAD
Tomorrow - A short meeting with all underclassmen. Normal start time, it will take about 20 minutes.
Tuesday, Feb 25th - 2nd Chance Meet at the Zeeland West Aquatic Center
- This is an opportunity for guys who just missed a cut to have a 2nd chance to get there. It is also an opportunity for swimmers to swim an event that they were not able to try at the conference meet.
- Warmup is at 5:00. Meet starts at 6:00.
- IF you want to swim you should plan on a short practice on Monday (3:30-4:30)
- There will be a few that I ask to participate in the meet, but others have the opportunity to choose themselves.
- I need to know by Monday Morning at 8:00am if a swimmer wants to participate (even if we discussed it yesterday). Send me an email with what individual events the athlete would like to participate in (2 max).
- We will talk about transportation after I get the list.
State Team Practice Notes
- Practices for the first few days for our State Team will end at around 5:45. After that, the practices will get a little shorter each day.
- Guys should have tights for Monday's practice.

No comments:
Post a Comment