Don't beat yourself up.
You are a work in progress,
Which means you'll get there
A little at a time,
Not all at once.
Thanks to everyone who helped at the clean-up Friday night! I wasn't there, but I heard the conditions weren't exactly as ideal as the first night we had... Thanks for braving elements and doing some service for both our team and our school!
I was gone Friday because I was attending the annual MISCA Clinic down in Battle Creek. Normally, I don't attend because I hate missing school or practice, but I was received my official recognition for winning Zone 5 Girls Coach of the Year last year at the luncheon. I certainly don't mention this to brag, but because I owe thanks to all of the athletes, parents, etc. who have been involved with our team over the past three-plus years. As I talked about with the girls on Saturday morning, we've come a long ways both culture-wise and success-wise since 2011, and that's because a lot of people have bought-in to our program and put in a lot of hard work. So, thanks for everything you've put in! It's a fun family to lead.
Last week I talked a little about sleep, but now with this bout of cold weather we've had we need to be aware of warmth also! Make sure you're dressing appropriately for the weather. Just because it's a short trip from your house to the car or your car into the school doesn't mean that you can forgo a coat. Stay warm! Bottom-line with dress and sleep: make sure you're doing everything in your power to stay healthy!
As for this week, we have a pretty standard week, with a double-dual on Thursday. Note the time change for Saturday's practice, which is only a one-time deal.
Thursday 9.18
- Double-dual HOME vs. West Ottawa and Portage Central
- Girls on-deck by 5:15pm for devotions
- Warm Up at 5:30pm. Meet Start @ 6:30pm.
- As this is a Double Dual, there will be two heats of each event and diving will run simultaneously.
- Saturday Practice
- TIME CHANGE: We will be practicing from 7:00 to 9:00am as Holland has an Invite that morning.
- The doors OPEN at 7:00am, so we will be in the water from 7:15 to 9:00am with breakfast to follow.
No comments:
Post a Comment