It was sure great to have almost a full team tonight. I am starting to see this group of guys come together as a unit. As a team, a unit, you guys met several of the goals I had mention before the meet. You guys made them (though we still have to work on some of the little things), plus met some additional ones that you have set for yourselves.
State cuts are a lot of fun to see. Individual or relay, they are always exciting. Congratulations to all of our relays as well as Skyler, Johannes, Levi and Jacob for making new individual state cuts tonight.
As much as I love to see state cuts, there are so many other things to celebrate after tonight's meet. Several of you had lifetime bests. Riley Hoeksema, Steven VanAst, Luke Page and Skyler had two lifetime bests a piece. Way to go guys!! Sorry freshman, I don't have all of your previous times, but I know that most of you had lifetime bests or lifetime firsts (Levi and Brant in the 500). You guys are making great progress. Brad Houskamp also had a great meet on the board missing his personal best by just 45 hundreths of a point. You guys are really a big part of how we won this meet. We have to continue to win those close races for 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th in order to win dual meets.
Meet Splits - Click here for splits and results.
These show comparisons to lifetime best times. Negative numbers in the right column indicates the amount of time that an athlete has improved in the swim (Diving is actually just the opposite). After our first few meets, I will only make comparisons to season bests.
Reminder - I want you to email me your goal times/scores. Now that we have a couple meets under our belts, this should be a little easier or clearer.
No comments:
Post a Comment