Our message at church this morning reflected on Nehemiah's drive for the Israelites to work together to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem. As I listened and I also thought about tonight's Super Bowl, I thought about the idea of TEAM.Our pastor, as our church embarked on a service day outside the doors of our church, talked about how the church today, like the Israelites under Nehemiah, is charged with the task of building community, create solidarity, and work toward a common destiny. These same goals are vital for any team.
It is easy to see team goals in "team sports" like during the Super Bowl, but sometimes those team goals are less noticeable in the so called "individual sports" like swimming. Thursday was a great example of the importance of team in sports like swimming. We missed a couple guys that would have helped us secure a win. On the flip side, the encouragement and excitement of the entire team was completely opposite of what we had the previous Tuesday and helped propel everyone to a great meet.
Let's keep up the encouragement. Let's keep up the drive. Let's continue to build our team as a community that strives toward a common goal.
THE UPCOMING WEEK
Tuesday, February 9, Home Meet v Zeeland. SENIOR NIGHT Athletes should be on deck by 5:20
HC v GRC Results/Splits
PRACTICE TIME CHANGES
Friday, February 12 - Students are off, but I still have a professional development day, so practice is at the normal time or close to it. Let's try to be in the water by 3:15. Boys may want to get some extra sleep today.

Saturday, February 13 - Because of an MLA meet, we will practice from 7am to 9am.
Monday, February 15 - Again, students are off and so am I. I would like to practice from 8-11 that morning. I am confirming with the Aquatic Center that we can practice at that time.

Saturday, February 13 - Because of an MLA meet, we will practice from 7am to 9am.
Monday, February 15 - Again, students are off and so am I. I would like to practice from 8-11 that morning. I am confirming with the Aquatic Center that we can practice at that time.
LOOKING AHEAD
Meet @ Holland next week Tuesday, February 16. This is our final dual meet of the season. Athletes should be on Dec by 5:20.
Conference Meet @ Zeeland February 26 & 27
Below is basic time information. I will get more specific information out as the meet gets closer.
- Prelims on Friday, February 26
- Diving warm-ups 12:00 p.m.
- Stands Open 1:30
- Diving Preliminaries and Semi-Finals 2:00 p.m.
- Stands Open 3:30
- Swimming warm-ups 3:00 p.m.
- Swimming Preliminaries begin 5:00 p.m.
- Finals on Saturday, February 27
- Swimming & Diving warm-ups 10:00 a.m.
- Stands Open 10:30
- FINALS BEGIN (Swimming & Diving) 12:00 p.m.
Second Chance Meet (at Home hosted by Holland??) Tuesday, March 1
The entire team to swim this meet. This will be a final meet for some, but it gives athletes a chance to swim events that they did not get to swim at the Conference meet. This means one more practice day and one more meet day while fully tapered.
No comments:
Post a Comment