Saturday, March 11, 2017

State Results

WHAT A WEEKEND - Lifetime bests by nearly everyone, nearly everyone making finals in at least one event,  7 Varsity Records including all three relays, one State Record, and 3rd place overall. Not a bad weekend, to say the least.

I was so proud of these guys this weekend, just as I have been proud of this entire team over the course of the season. So many individual and team accomplishments.

I have had several conversations over the course of the weekend about how our boys handled themselves and about how they competed. One fellow coach emailed me after the meet saying:
As an outside coach who spent most of his time both days standing close to where your team was all set up, I want to compliment them on how friendly and kind they were to those on the deck. They were an excellent group of young men to stand next to/cheer on over the course of the meet!
As I talked to the team this morning, we talked about our "theme" of "Building a Legacy." I mentioned that though I don't want the primary object of our legacy to be wins or records, they are all part of the legacy we leave behind. I feel strongly that this group, though successful in the water, has left a legacy that is much bigger than that. Thanks for that.

I got a chance to talk to an HC grad, Mark Brinks, who was part of the 400 Free Relay record that was broken. Mark reminded me of the fact that HC swimming prior to 1988ish was well established but not very successful. The group that Mark was a part of, especially in his junior and senior year, really established a legacy of success here at HC. This team lived into that legacy throughout this season. Thanks for that, too.

Here are the results from this weekend - Full Results /  Splits & Improvements

Don't forget about the Team Banquet on Monday night (3/13) at Faith Church at 6:30.


No comments:

Post a Comment