Sunday, March 10, 2019

AMAZING!!

UNBELIEVABLE!! 
I was lying awake at 6:00am today, which was 5:00am due to the time change, thinking about the weekend and still find it hard to believe what this group of guys did. First that we repeated as champions, but even more that you guys did it so convincingly. On paper Thursday it was an 8 point margin in our favor. By Friday night, still on paper, it had grown to 53 points. When it was all over, it grew to 56.5 points. UNBELIEVABLE!!

I use unbelievable like quotation marks around that because the score differential becomes more believable when you look at the performance you guys put up. You took the gifts God has given you and maximized them. From amazing drops by nearly everyone in nearly every event, to winning the Medley Relay that we debated about all season, to Sam being the first Freshman Diver to make the top 16 since 2003, to two State Records for Riley, to an amazing finishing race with a time I never thought you'd make. 

Here is a look at the results with improvements listed. Take a look at some of those large negative numbers indicating the improvement on the season and this one shows how much you improved from your lifetime best.

For those guys that were not there over the weekend, you are part of this state championship as well. Your work, and drive pushed others to be better, and the encouragement you gave was invaluable throughout the season and throughout this past weekend.

I am so proud of this entire team. I am so proud of ALL of the things you accomplished this season, individually and as a TEAM.

No comments:

Post a Comment