Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Thanks, Meet Schedule, Intros and more

First and foremost, thank you to everyone who was able to volunteer at the Herman Miller Picnic last Saturday. We appreciate your time and support. 
If you were not able to make it out Saturday but would like an opportunity to volunteer and raise funds for our programs keep an eye out for information regarding football clean up this fall. 

Second, Ladies...our meet schedule is out! The calendar has been updated with these dates as well.


8/27 - Otsego (home)
9/5 - FHC/Hudsonville (home)
9/10 - GR Christian (away)
9/12 - Unity (away)
9/19 - Grand Haven (away)
9/24 - Grandville (home)
9/28 - D3 Invitational (home)
10/1 - Holland (away) *at the Aquatic Center
10/8 - Hamilton (home)
10/15 - Byron Center (away)
10/29 - Zeeland (home)
11/8-9 - Conference (away) at Hamilton
11/12 - Last Chance (away) *At the Aquatic Center
11/22-23 - State Finals (away) at Oakland University

We are looking at a date for our retreat and will get this out to you sometime next week when we have details nailed down. Unlike past years, we will be doing a single day retreat somewhere in town. Don't worry there will still be much fun to be had just with less travel! 

Our season will be here before you know it so be sure you are preparing now. If you have not joined a summer swim program please be sure to check out the workout opportunities offered by HC that were mentioned in a previous post. Of course even if you are in the water or on the boards this summer strength training is an excellent 'add on' as well. Without conditioning of some sort the struggle will be real come August 14th. :) 

Last but not least, we are happy to introduce our new assistant coaches. Makenzie Gift and Sydney Asselin will be joining our coaching staff this fall. We are so excited for each of them to bring their knowledge and love of the sport to our pool deck. Both are Holland Christian Aquatic Alums who have a passion for our program, swimming and a love for the Lord. I had the pleasure to coach both of these ladies during their time at HC, have a huge respect for them and know they will both bring something special and unique to our athletes and program. 
Here is a little snippet from each of them. 

Makenzie Gift
"Hello! My name is Makenzie Gift. I am a Holland Christian Alum and had the opportunity of swimming for HC in middle school and in high school, as well as many travel teams throughout my 12 years of competitive swimming. I have always had a passion for this sport and can't wait to be a part of this amazing team!"

Sydney Asselin (Pictured Left)
"Hi everyone, I'm Sydney Asselin. I graduated from Holland Christian in 2015 and recently graduated from Hope College this year. I swam all four years in college, and I simply cannot wait to take on a. new role in the sport I love. I'm excited to get to know all of the girls and take on this season! But most of all, I'm thrilled to once again be a Maroon!"

Welcome to our HC Aquatics family once again Makenzie and Sydney! 

No comments:

Post a Comment