Sunday, September 22, 2019

The Week Ahead 9.23-9.28

Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it. 
– Michael Jordan

It's Invitational Week! I hope everyone is looking as forward to it as I am. It is a great opportunity for some great races against teams in our Division. These are all teams we will see at our state meet in November so it's fun to compete against them mid season. It also gives us another opportunity to have a "championship" style meet and gives our divers an opportunity to show off their 11 dive lists.
 
We talked a bit this week about mental toughness. We are at the point in our season where we are in our grove when it comes to balancing school, practice and life. We are in shape and have had a few meets under our belts. With routine can come complacency so we must ask ourselves, 'Am I still focusing on my 'hows'?', 'Am I concentrating on technique in practice?', 'Am I staying positive and trusting my training even if I'm not achieving a personal best every meet?'. Focus on making all those a YES and I promise it will pay off. 

On Thursday we wrote words of encouragement to women in crises. These notes will go in care packages in hopes to brighten their day just a bit. Thank you ladies for using your time to put a smile on a strangers face. 

Here is a look at our week ahead.

 Monday 9.23
  • Dryland - 3:05! I know it's a tight turn around from the end of the school day but please try hard to be ready to roll by then.  
  • Swimmers Practice 3:30-5:30. 
  • Divers practice 4-6
Tuesday 9.24 
  • Coach Don Kimble from Davenport University will be talking with our Juniors and Seniors  in regards to college swimming opportunities in the lecture hall at 3pm. (We promise we have the correct date this time!)
  • Home Meet v. Grandville 
    • Devotions @ 5:15
    • Warm Up @ 5:30
    • Meet starts @ 6:30    
Wednesday 9.25
  • Weight room Wednesday - 3-3:40
  • Swimmers practice 4-5:30
  • Divers practice 4-6
Thursday 9.26
  • Normal Practice
Friday 9.27
  • No School
  • Practice 7-9am for both swimmers and divers 
Saturday 9.28
  • Division 3 Mid Season Invitational @ the Holland Aquatic Center
    • Times
      • Athletes on deck @ 9:00 am for devotions
      • Warm Up @ 9:00 am. Meet Starts at 11:00am
      • Estimated Finish is 3:00pm (Should be the absolute latest it would go)
    • Format
      • 12-team invitational with all D3 teams.
      • Each team is limited to 3 entries per relay and 4 entries per individual event. I will do my best to get everyone at least 2+ swims while maintaining our best possible lineup but this does limit entries much more than a dual meet.
      • The meet is straight-seeded by time
      • The top 16 overall score in each event, regardless of heat. A & B relays can score.
      • Awards will be handed out during the meet to the Top 3 for each relay and Top 8 for each individual event.
      • Divers will complete an 11-dive meet that will run simultaneously with swimming.
 Looking Ahead

October 23 - 1/2 Day of school. Practice will be 12:00-2:00pm 
October 24 & 25 - No School. Practice 7-9am

No comments:

Post a Comment