What an end to extraordinary weekend. Coming into the meet I thought the team could finish well, but to do what they did in the way they did it was not in my imagination.
Friday I watched guys one after the other, beginning with the Medley, do things I didn't think they could do. I think my chin was on the pool deck after most swims and after many dives as athletes swam times and nailing dives that amazed me. In a meet like this, the amazing performance of one athlete or relay is infectious and the rest of the team picks up on it. It snowballs into what we had on Friday.
For the numbers geeks out there, the fun of prepping for a swim meet, is that times don't lie and you can figure out the potential score before the meet even begins. After our amazing Friday those early numbers ballooned from what I had estimated before the meet by awhopping 65 points. On Saturday, with the exception of one falter, we held serve the entire day and, in some cases (200 Free, diving, and fly), we even improved our positions. What an amazing job!!
As I look back at the entire championship season, I have a few takeaways, but I'll talk about those a bit on Tuesday at our Banquet.
Don't forget about that banquet to finish up the season. Tuesday, March 15 from 6:00 PM to 7:30ish at the HS Cafeteria Rotunda.
No comments:
Post a Comment