Sunday, August 21, 2011

The Week Ahead: 8/22 to 8/27

Yesterday, I thanked the team for a great first week-and-a-half. I've been impressed with how they have responded to having a new head coach, and our team atmosphere has been positive and uplifting. We're off to a great start! But, I need to extend that message of appreciation to our greater family, which includes all you parents. The support and cooperation I've received already have been phenomenal; you know you're in a special place when you have people essentially asking you, "What can I take off your plate so you can focus on just coaching?" So, thank you!

Enough of my ranting... Here's the important info for the coming week!

Monday
  • Practice @ Bouws from 3:15 to 6:15pm.
Tuesday
  • Meet @ Ludington.
  • Bus LEAVES @ 3:00pm, meet starts @ 6:00pm.
  • See the Driving Dirctions link on the right for detailed directions. Note that the pool is actually located in OJ DeJonge Middle School, which connected on the north side of the high school.
  • Remember, all athletes ride will ride the bus to and from the meet unless I receive notice by tomorrow of a conflict.
Wednesday/Thursday
  • Practice @ Bouws from 3:15 to 6:15pm
Friday/Saturday
  • Practice @ Bouws from 8:30 to 10:30am.
  • From practice, we will carpool over to the high school by 11:15am to meet the parents who will be heading up to Newaygo on the retreat with us. Ladies, this means you need to bring all of your gear for the retreat to practice! Our goal is to depart from the high school parking lot by 11:30am.
  • The girls will arrive back at the high school Saturday evening.
  • A more detailed itinerary for the retreat will be coming out at the beginning of this week.

I'm looking forward to the first meet and seeing where we're at! See you around the pool.

~Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment