If you're reading this post and your family is new to our team, please send Ben an email at bherrman@hollandchristian.org so that he can add your email address to his team list.
I hope you all have adjusted to the reality of being off spring break and back at the grind with school! At least our spring weather has been awesome, right!? Anyway, since summer is quickly approaching, I wanted to put together a post with some summer information and a few important dates to put on your calendars.
Summer Opportunities
If you look at the right-hand column of the blog, there is is a new section titled Summer Opportunities with an information link. This page details all of the swimming and diving opportunities available for our athletes this summer. We are fortunate to have lots of teams and camps in our area for swimmers and divers of any ability level! Some of the information is incomplete at this point, but we'll post it once we have it. Remember, any work you put in outside of the season will pay dividends in-season! Take a look.
- Saturday, June 23: This is the date of the Herman Miller picnic that the team has worked in the past. Parents and swimmers can work as volunteers. The hours are usually from about 10:30 to 4:00 and we receive about $10 per hour for each person who works the event. It's a great way to serve our greater community, get together as a team, and raise some money for our program. We will send out a sign-up form when we get closer to the date of the event.
- Wednesday, August 8th: FIRST DAY OF PRACTICE!!! As the summer approaches, we will put out an actual season calendar with dates, times, etc.
- Swimmers: Remember, once practice begins, you need to scale-back your other commitments (jobs, etc.) so they do not conflict with our practice and meet schedule. Making money and being involved in other activities is certainly great! However, if you're committed to our team, you need to show that by being present.
- Sunday/Monday August 19-20: Senior Camp @ Timber Wolf Lodge, for those attending.
- Wednesday, August 22nd: First day of school for freshmen. Half-day only.
- Thursday, August 23rd: First full day of school for ALL high school students.
As we get closer to summer and our 2012 season, I will be sending out more detailed information such as calendars, suit order forms, etc. If you have any questions about the dates and/or any of the summer options, please don't hesitate to email or call me. 116 days...can't wait!!!
~Ben
Wahooooo!!! Swimming is right around the corner!!! I've been counting down the days! :) Can't wait!!!!!!!!!! Yeeeah!
ReplyDeletePS, if any incoming-freshman are reading this, I'm Sydney Asselin....freshman this year, but next year I suppose I'll be....holy smokers! I'm going to be a sophomore!! Man!! How cool does that sound? Wow, that was a little random and a tad obvious but that is the first time I've thought about that! Very cool. Anyway, I'm Syd and welcome to the team!!
For everyone else, hi and can't wait to start swimming with all y'all again! :D
-Sydney
Oh Syd, I miss you! :)
ReplyDeleteGetting excited about another season...one that I will not have a 'big ol' belly' for! Wahoooo!!!
Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness gracious, that's right!! You won't be pregnant! Man oh man! That's cool!! How is Grant doing?? Oh man...my excitement for this season has sky-rocketed!! Can't wait to see you again!!! August 8th, hurry up!!
ReplyDelete