Thursday, December 6, 2012

Meet Results and A Few Odds & Ends

Great Meet - Normally I would only write one post a week with highlights from the week and a look at what we have coming up, but with our first meet under our belts, I thought parents would like to see where their son is in comparison to where they left off / life time bests.

I also thought that with our first away meet being up in Ludington, I would update parents on what is going on for transportation, etc.

I wanted to publicly congratulate our new team captains.

Finally, I wanted to give some information about how you can follow some results from home including our own Parker Cook-Weeks who is down in Knoxville Tennessee at the USA Junior National meet. 


Meet Splits - Click here for splits and results. These show comparisons to lifetime best times. Negative numbers in the right column indicates the amount of time that an athlete has improved in the swim (Diving is actually just the opposite). After our first couple meets, I will only make comparisons to season bests. 


This Coming Tuesday's Meet
Tuesday, Dec 11th - Dual meet up in Ludington.
  • I originally thought that this was a 6:30 start, but it is actually a 6:00pm start. On the upside, that gets us home a little earlier. On the down side it leaves less time between the end of the school day, and departure for the meet.
  • We will leave by 3:20 from the Aquatic Center
    • I will talk to the kitchen about packing a sack lunch for the team for the trip up and will let parents know the response. 
    • I have also requested that the parents in Ludington keep the post meet meal to something that guys can take on the road. Sounds like they are willing to help out in that regard.
    • We will be home around 9:30 hopefully a little earlier.

Captains
  • After some discussion about leadership and what it takes to be a leader, our athletes were asked to vote for up to three captains. Though there were several that got several votes (including a three way tie for 4th place) Ryan Hulst, Dirk Tanis, and James Westenbroek were selected as this years team captains. Though there will be more expected of these young men, each person on this team is expected to lead in one way or another.

Following a meet (or Parker) from home
  • Several swimmers wondered about an app that I was using to check splits before having results. Many pools (Zeeland, EGR, Hamilton, EMU) are using it and the Aquatic Center always does. The app is called Meet Mobile. You can find out more about it here.
  • Don't forget that you can follow HC Aquatics on Twitter @HCaquatics which is the fastest way to get updates of this blog, and on our HC Aquatics Facebook page.





No comments:

Post a Comment