An Athletes Prayer...
Lord, please clear my head of all distractions and my heart of burdens I bear, so I may perform my very best knowing you will always be there.
With great courage I will meet this challenge you would have me to, but keep me humble and remind me that my strength comes from you.
And when all eyes are upon me, at the end of this big meet, I will turn their eyes to you, Lord and to the glory of your name.
"So do not fear for I am with you; do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
WOW! Here we are at the state meet weekend already! We've prepared, worked, competed and trained for this. Please make sure you are doing everything you can this week to be both mentally and physically prepared for this weekend. Remember that the gifts you have to swim and dive come from God, He is with us; to help us, to give us strength... let's remember to remain humble and turn all eyes towards Him in all that we do this weekend.
Read on for some important details about our week ahead...
Monday
- Swimmers out at 5:30pm.
- Swimmers out at 5:15pm.
Wednesday
- Swimmers out at 5:15pm.
Thursday
- Practice after school until 5:00pm
- Dinner for athletes and coaches at Bolt's House (1513 Wiersma Dr) after practice.
- Possible shave party at the high school - James will check with Mr. Engbers and let us know.
Friday
- 8:30 Breakfast for athletes and coaches at Dekievit's (691 Sleepy Hollow)
- Need to leave by 9:15 to be at the pool by 9:30 for devotions and stretching
- Car pool as much as possible to save parking at the pool...
- Doors open at 9:30 for spectators.
- Warm ups 10-12
- Swimming prelims at 12:00... until about 3:30
- Dinner for swimmers and families at Faith CRC at approximately 4:30
- Enter the doors on the hospital side of the building, not the main entrance.
- RSVP to Theresa Asselin by Monday evening
- Diving Prelims at 3:30 or when swimming is finished.
- Athletes and coaches return to pool to watch diving
- Movie at Faith CRC after diving prelims (likely around 6pm)
Saturday
- Breakfast at Faith CRC for athletes and coaches at 8:30 - De Young
- Enter the doors on the hospital side of the building
- Car pool from Faith to the pool to save parking... need to be ready on deck by 9:30
- Warmups for swimmers and divers 10-12
- Doors open for spectators at 10
- Finals begin at noon until approximately 5pm
- Dinner on our own followed by the musical at the high school.
- Meet in the hallway outside the auditorium at 6:45 to get your ticket from Mrs. Bolt. Please get your money to Mrs. Bolt for your ticket if you haven't done so.
- We will sit together as a team. The musical starts at 7pm.
No comments:
Post a Comment