Saturday, December 28, 2019

Week 5 and The Week Ahead

Image result for happy new year 2020 pictureA GREAT YEAR 
As we get to the beginning of a new year it is logical to look back and evaluate. As I do that, despite some personal heartache and loss, I am filled with gratitude toward the athletes I get to work with and the parents that support them and, by extension, me and our other coaches. Thanks for making 2019 a great year. 

It is also logical to look to the future. Though I have no crystal ball, I can't wait to see what 2020 has in store. God's faithfulness in the past gives me full confidence for His faithfulness for the future.

THIS WEEK'S SCHEDULE
Monday -December 30:  Jenison Invitational
          * We will depart by bus from the Aquatic Center at 9:15am.
          * Pick up for Zeeland athletes will be about 9:30.
          * Swimming begins at 11:30 and diving (11 dives) around 12:00

I NEED TO KNOW VIA EMAIL IF YOU/YOUR SON IS BEING PICKED UP IN ZEELAND

Tuesday
         Swimmers - Practice 9:30 - 12:30 includes dryland.
         Divers - Practice 8:00 - 11:00 at and with our friends at West Ottawa.

Thursday: STAY TUNED HOPING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
        Swimmers & Divers: Practice 8:00 - 11:00 includes dryland.

     
Friday: 
        Swimmers: Practice 7:30 - 10:30 includes dryland.
        Divers: Practice 8:30 - 10:30

Saturday: Practice 9:15-11:15  Annual New Year's Relays (a fun intrasquad competition).

FURTHER AHEAD
Thursday, Jan. 9th Away Meet @ Spring Lake
- Bus leaves from the Aquatic Center @ 4:05
- Northside Pick up at Veldheer Tulip Farm (Quincy & US 31) @ 4:20
- Warmup @ 5:00
- Meet Begins @ 6:00.

Saturday, January 18th: HOSTING the Division 3 Mid Season Invitational
Beyond conference and state, this meet is one of the biggest of the season. We have six of the top ten teams in the state, and six other quality swimming and diving programs. This meet is limited to 4 individual entries per event, so some of our younger swimmers may only be swimming relays or just one individual event plus a relay.

Thank you in advance for all of your help with this event.

Tech Suits - Here is some information about Tech Suits. As we get closer to the championship portion of our season, tech suits might be something that some may want to consider. I should have a team pricing list shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment