Obstacles don’t have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don’t
turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or
work around it. – Michael Jordan
I've been waiting to write a blog post with meet information for so long. I am so thankful that this week is the week I get to do so! Here are all the details for the week. In true 2020 fashion, we have several things that will look and feel different than in years past so be sure to read carefully.
Also, we will be collecting pop can money this week. If you have some to turn it it can be turned into myself or Diane. I am going to ask the High School office if they might be willing to collect it there as well for those who don't have a car to leave it in and don't want to carry it around with you. I will let you know if this is an option tomorrow at practice. My apologies for not collecting this sooner. This has been a strange season and it was not on the forefront of my mind.
Monday 9.14
- Practice 3:30-5:30 @ the Aquatic Center
Tuesday 9.15
- Away Meet @ Grand Haven 6:00pm. This is a double duel with HC, GH & Wayland.
17001 Ferris Street
Grand Haven, MI 49417
Grand Haven, MI 49417
- Bus leaves @ 4pm from the High School
- A sack dinner will be provided after the meet for all athletes.
- We do not have exact instructions for spectators from Grand Haven but assume they will be as follows. (If there are any other expectations I will relay those via email when I hear)
- All athletes will be given two spectator passes (I will hopefully get these from the HS tomorrow and hand them out at practice). These are to be shown at the door. Note these are so you are able to get in but there still may be an entrance fee.
- Masks must be worn at all times
- Social Distancing must take place between all non family members.
- Note that lane assignments will look different as well. Per the MHSAA teams will not compete in odd or even lanes rather in 'groups' of lanes. ie 1-4 or 5-8. With this being a double duel I am not sure how GH will have the lanes but I did want to make you aware of this change.
- Dry land 3:00-3:30
- Practice 3:30 - 5:30
- Practice 3:30-5:30
- Practice 3:30-5:30
- Weight Training @ 7:30-9:00am
- In the High School weight room by the football stadium
- We will be using the Team Builder program as a guide for these workouts. They are designed specifically for swimmers/divers and it is a program used by other HC athletes for their specific sports
- The girls will be shown how to use the program and given instructions how to set up the app on their phones. If they are already familiar with the program that is great.
- This is NOT optional! We are replacing our Saturday practices with this and will be doing a short dry land practice on Wednesdays instead of going to the weight room.
- Dress for working out and bring a water bottle.
- Masks will be required while in the weight room per the MHSAA
9.22 - Home Meet v. Zeeland
10.4 - Quad meet with Unity, GR Christian & Mona Shores *this is a Saturday. We do not currently have a start time. We are waiting for the HAC to let us know.
No comments:
Post a Comment