"I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion."
Muhammad Ali
We were finally able to have our first meet last week and able to see our 'jumping off point'. Everyone did an amazing job and we as coaches are excited to see where we will go from here. I know this group can do great things!
That being said, we have to focus on staying mentally tough. This is the time in our season where we are getting into our grove and have set a routine when it comes to balancing school,
practice and life. With this can come complacency. We must still be focused on our 'hows', concentrated on technique, stay positive and trust our training. Focus on those and it will pay off come November.
Monday 9.21
- Practice 3:30-5:30
Tuesday 9.22
- Away Meet v Zeeland @ 6:30 (3390 100th Ave, Zeeland, MI 49464)
- Devotions @ 5:15
- Warm-up @ 5:45 *Zeeland runs two different warm up times this is the reason for the later warm-up
- There will not be transportation to or from the pool. Athletes are responsible for their own ride.
- Spectators will need their passes from last week for entry into the seating area. There will be no admission free
- Diving will run concurrently with swimming. Divers will do their first round of diving right after the national anthem before the medley to give them their moment in the spotlight. This is per Zeeland's request.
- At this time we will not need timers. I am hoping this will change due to Zeeland's request athletes time. I do not see how we can accomplish this with our numbers. I will send out an email if we need help.
Wednesday 9.23
- Dryland 3:00-3:30
- Remember clothes and shoes
- Practice 3:30-5:30
Thursday 9.24
- Practice 3:30-5:30
Friday 9.25
- Practice 3:30 - 5:30
Saturday 9.26
- Weight room 7:30-9am @ the high school
Looking Ahead:
- Saturday October 3 - Quad Meet @ Holland Aquatic Center
No comments:
Post a Comment