Sunday, November 30, 2025
Week #2
Hello, everyone!
This past week was our first week together, and we’re off to a great start. You guys showed up ready to
work, learn, and support each other, and it made the whole week feel really positive. I hope everyone had
a great Thanksgiving break and weekend, and thank you for being flexible with the weather. I’m excited to
have a more normal schedule this week and to settle into our regular rhythm. Go Maroons!
Hello, everyone!
This past week was our first week together, and we’re off to a great start. You guys showed up ready to
work, learn, and support each other, and it made the whole week feel really positive. I hope everyone had
a great Thanksgiving break and weekend, and thank you for being flexible with the weather. I’m excited to
have a more normal schedule this week and to settle into our regular rhythm. Go Maroons!
HEALTH AWARE
Shoulders - Some guys are wondering about some shoulder pain. For many guys, especially those who are new to the sport or who have not been in the water since last season.This article has some great insight into the shoulder challenges that swimmers face. Note that most of you haven't been in the water long enough to develop "swimmers shoulder," however, the pain you feel may be the start of what leads eventually to swimmers shoulder. For most, adding the bands that we do at the pool during your morning routine along with the stretches in this document. Also, using anti inflammatories a few times a day for a week can help.
Parents, we need your help to make this season a success. The signups to help the team this season are on the right hand side in the boys team links.
THE UPCOMING WEEK
Practice Location & Times For This Week
As we get into our second week, we can start to settle into a routine.
Team photos
Team photos will be on Tuesday, December 2, before practice, so make sure you bring your parka into the pool
for the team photo!
Team photos will be on Tuesday, December 2, before practice, so make sure you bring your parka into the pool
for the team photo!
Parent Night
I'm planning on having a parent meeting on Tuesday night at 5:20 pm at the Aquatic Center.
Though this is a brief meeting in which we will talk through the season plans and areas where you can help
throughout the season, I look forward to meeting everyone!
I'm planning on having a parent meeting on Tuesday night at 5:20 pm at the Aquatic Center.
Though this is a brief meeting in which we will talk through the season plans and areas where you can help
throughout the season, I look forward to meeting everyone!
A Look Ahead
Our first dual meet will be a home meet on December 9th against Jenison & Thornapple Kellogg
Meet Starts at 6:30 pm
Warm Up at 5:30 pm
- Athletes should be on deck at the Aquatic Center at 5:15 pm
- Don't forget Parkas.
No comments:
Post a Comment