Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Good First Week

Week 1 - A Great Start

I hope all of you had a relaxing and refreshing Thanksgiving filled with good food and time with the people you love most.

Below is the first blog entry for the boys season. I share this blog with coach Herrman and the girls team. Coach Herrman and I want to develop an aquatics community at HC Aquatics, and this is one way that happens. 

FIRST - A CONGRATULATIONS TO THE GIRL'S TEAM & COACH HERRMAN
As the boys get their season under way, I want to extend a congratulations to the HC Girls team for an excellent season. The girls were solid in what is one of the most difficult swimming conference in the state and also took another step up the state leader board, moving from 4th place two years in a row up to 3rd place. Their success is a testament to their commitment to hard work and the hard work of Coach Herrman as well.

A huge congratulations to Coach Herrman, as well, for being honored as D3 Coach of the Year. His work, his care for his athletes, the encouragement he gives them, and the way his athletes respond, makes him well deserving of the award.

The team's commitment to building each other up and pursuing the gifts God gave them is a great example of not only a great team but also how all of us need to walk as followers of Christ. 

GIVING THANKS
I'm giving thanks today for the parents of this team that have already been putting in hours of work to make my job easier and the effort of the athletes and the time they put in more productive. 

Though this first week may have seemed a bit disjointed because of meetings, and holidays, etc., the fact that we have a full team (with a nice group of new additions, I might add) and have some good days of practice already under our belts, are reasons for thanks. 

Yes, this is a short swimming focused list. Please don't think that I am so singularly focused or that my list of things I am thankful for is this limited. :)

COMMUNICATION
Please continue to communicate questions you might have. I think we have all of our carpooling set, and I've sent out a parent contact list. 

Carpool List
Driver - Riders
Jake - Curtis, Quinn
Brandon - Skyler, Levi
Steve - Grayson, Jack
Garett - Matthew
Zach - Ross, Riley, Luke P
Luke - Logan, Bryce
Peter - Open if another driver is sick

Finally, I am committed to communication but don't want to inundate you with emails. If you follow this blog, it is a great way to stay up to date. This blog gets updated weekly (Saturday or Sunday) and sends emails out the next day. I usually include important information for the upcoming week or two in the blog.

You can also follow HC Aquatics on Facebook and Twitter

SIGNUPS
Be on the look out for signup emails for Post Meet Meals, Timers, Saturday Breakfasts, etc.. Lead parents will be sending out a variety of signups for these and other tasks over the next week. 

Another reason I give thanks for the parents of this team. You guys are AWESOME!

A LOOK AHEAD
As we start week two, we have a pretty normal, uneventful week. It's a great time to get in shape and get into a bit of a routine.

Monday - Thursday Practice for swimmers 3:20-6:00
Friday Practice 3:20 - 5:30
Saturday Practice is 8:00 - 10:00
Divers have a full week of practice as well.

A REMINDER 
PAY to PARTICIPATE MONEY & PRIDE and COMMITMENT CONTRACT
Please remember to bring your Pay to Participate money to the High School Office.
Also, remember that the Pride and Commitment Contract is due by Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment