Saturday, January 31, 2015

Upcoming Meets and This Week's Notes: Feb. 2 - Feb. 7

THIS WEEK'S REFLECTION
First, I want to apologize for not getting a blog post out last week. I know many of you depend on these for creating your plan for the week at least how it relates to swimming and your schedule.

Second, Thanks to all of the parents who helped with our annual bleaching. From buying supplies to withstanding the pleasant fumes from the bleaching agent to supplying food, it was a fun evening. 




Hard Work - I communicated with our boys that the last few days have been some of the practices I've seen out of them. They worked hard and I'm looking forward to seeing how it pays off down the road.

Recent Meets - We had some nice swims over the last three meets. Lots of guys reaching lifetime bests and lots of others trying events for the first time. I've posted splits below as well as the up to date Top Times list.

Holland Splits

EGR Splits

Hamilton Splits



THIS WEEK'S PRACTICE & MEET NOTES: Feb. 2 - Feb. 7

Tuesday's meet is home against Byron Center - SENIOR NIGHT
Boys should be on deck by 5:20. 
Senior Parents should be on deck for Senior honors by 6:20 and should bring picture boards before the meet.
Everyone is invited to join us for sandwiches and cake following the meet. 

Paint Ball?? - We had talked about going paint balling this week, but I feel like the cost is a bit prohibitive. Our parents have been so generous and I want to honor the significant financial and time commitment they make to this team and it's athletes.

Pizza and a Movie?? - As an alternative, I'd love it if there was a place the team could go for another pizza and movie night on Friday. This is quite a bit cheaper than paint balling. Let me know if you're willing to host. Otherwise I'll gladly host again. 

Looking Ahead

SOME PRACTICE TIME & LOCATION CHANGES
Due to the MIAA Championship meet at the Aquatic Center we have some location and time changes to our practices. So, we will be practicing on February 11, 12, 13, and 14 at the Dow Center. Please pay attention to the practice times below.

Wednesday Feb. 11 - 6:00pm to 8:30pm
Thursday & Friday Feb. 12 & 13 - 3:30 to 6:00pm
Saturday Feb. 14 - 9am to 11am 
Let's do breakfast out that morning and give our parents a well deserved break.


A Few More Pictures




No comments:

Post a Comment