THIS WEEK'S REFLECTION
We had a great service today at Providence. The message that resonated with me was the first three words of Colossians 1:28 - "We Proclaim HIM..."
As the season leads quickly to its conclusion in the next month or so, I begin to look back at weeks past. The question I ask myself is "Did I Proclaim Him?" Did I extend grace when needed? Did I encourage the extension of grace in my athletes? Did I extend love and compassion at those times when that is all that someone needed? Did I encourage the best out of my athletes as a way for them to give God the honor and glory He deserves?
I think there are times I can look at and answer yes, and there are those times or words that I can look at in myself and honestly admit that I missed an opportunity. I continually pray that I can continue to "proclaim Him" through both my actions and words as we finish out this season.
Hard Work Pays Off - Last week I mentioned that I felt this team is working as hard as as at any point in the season. This week, that hard work paid off for Brandon when he made D3 State cuts in both the 200 and 500. This is a huge personal accomplishment, but it is important as a team that we get as many guys as possible get those cuts before tapering for conference.
The work also paid of for Skyler as he made a National NCSA meet in the 1000 yd Freestyle. Skyler will be swimming in that national meet the week after our state meet.
Congratulations to both guys on their accomplishments.
Byron Center Meet - Not only did Brandon and Skyler have a good week, we had at least 17 other seasonal best performances on Tuesday including a tremendous 20 sec drop by Ross in the 500, a 6 second drop by Logan in the 100 Back, and other great drops by Jake, Peter, Riley, and Steven. BG also had a season and lifetime best on the board.
Byron Center Splits
THIS WEEK'S PRACTICE & MEET NOTES: Feb. 9 - Feb. 14
As the season leads quickly to its conclusion in the next month or so, I begin to look back at weeks past. The question I ask myself is "Did I Proclaim Him?" Did I extend grace when needed? Did I encourage the extension of grace in my athletes? Did I extend love and compassion at those times when that is all that someone needed? Did I encourage the best out of my athletes as a way for them to give God the honor and glory He deserves?
I think there are times I can look at and answer yes, and there are those times or words that I can look at in myself and honestly admit that I missed an opportunity. I continually pray that I can continue to "proclaim Him" through both my actions and words as we finish out this season.
Hard Work Pays Off - Last week I mentioned that I felt this team is working as hard as as at any point in the season. This week, that hard work paid off for Brandon when he made D3 State cuts in both the 200 and 500. This is a huge personal accomplishment, but it is important as a team that we get as many guys as possible get those cuts before tapering for conference.
The work also paid of for Skyler as he made a National NCSA meet in the 1000 yd Freestyle. Skyler will be swimming in that national meet the week after our state meet.
Congratulations to both guys on their accomplishments.
Byron Center Meet - Not only did Brandon and Skyler have a good week, we had at least 17 other seasonal best performances on Tuesday including a tremendous 20 sec drop by Ross in the 500, a 6 second drop by Logan in the 100 Back, and other great drops by Jake, Peter, Riley, and Steven. BG also had a season and lifetime best on the board.Byron Center Splits
Tuesday's meet @ Ludington (3:15 departure and 6:00 meet)
This is an annual meet and it is our turn to make the drive up to Ludington.
The boys should head right to the pool after school. We will depart from there at 3:15. We will have a pick up for northsiders/Zeelanders at Veldheer Tulip Farm on Quincy. The HC Kitchen staff is making up lunches (subs, chips, apple, water) for the trip up, so no need to grab any food after school.
No Meal After - I found out Friday that Ludington will not be feeding us. But alas, I have a plan. We will grab pizzas after the meet and eat on the way home. Please give your son $3-$5 to cover pizza.
- I know that Jeff Smith and Kevin DeZwaan are making the drive up and I'd like to recruit them to to pick pizza up while the guys are cooling down and getting changed.
- If I could get a few other parents help by supplying a few additional items.
- A case of water.
- A case of the small gatorades.
- 2 parents to make 2 dozen cookies each.
UPDATE - PRACTICE TIME & LOCATION CHANGES
Due to the MIAA Championship meet at the Aquatic Center we have some location and time changes to our practices. So, we will be practicing on February 11, 12, 13, and 14 at the Dow Center (168 East 13th Street at the corner of 13th and Columbia). Please pay attention to the UPDATED practice times below.
Wednesday Feb. 11 - 3:30 to 6:00 at the Dow Practicing with Holland
Thursday Feb. 12 - 3:30 to 6:00pm
Friday Feb. 13 - 3:30 to 6:00 at the Dow Practicing with Holland
Saturday Feb. 14 - 8am to 10am
Let's do breakfast out that morning and give our parents a well deserved break.
Divers will be able to practice at their normal time in the Instructional Pool at HAC.
Divers will be able to practice at their normal time in the Instructional Pool at HAC.
Looking Ahead
Meet @ Zeeland next week Tuesday, February 17. This is our final dual meet of the season.
Conference Meet @ Hamilton February 27 & 28
Below is basic time information. I will get more specific information out as the meet gets closer.
- Prelims on Friday, February 27
- Diving warm-ups 12:00 p.m.
- Diving Preliminaries and Semi-Finals 2:00 p.m.
- Swimming warm-ups 3:00 p.m.
- Swimming Preliminaries begin 5:00 p.m.
- Finals on Saturday, February 28
- Swimming & Diving warm-ups 10:00 a.m.
- FINALS BEGIN (Swimming & Diving) 12:00 p.m.
Second Chance Meet at Home (hosted by Holland) Tuesday, March 3
In the past, this has been an optional meet. After several seasons of thought, I've decided that I'd like the entire team to swim this one. It gives athletes a chance to swim some events that they did not get to swim at the Conference meet. This means one ore practice day and one more meet day while fully tapered.

No comments:
Post a Comment